Tuesday 22 March 2011

Front Cover style models


For my music magazine, I have chosen the genre ‘indie/folk’ as I feel like I would be able to create a magazine connected to this genre. I have chosen two style models from ‘NME’ as I am familiar with this indie magazine. The colour scheme for ‘NME’ is usually very bright and colourful. I have specifically chosen these editions of the magazine because they connect to a part of my genre I have picked. I like how the colours are bright and eye catching on both front covers however the mise en scene for Mumford & sons shows their genre of their music as they are in a field while holding unusual and less common instruments. While the wombats we only get a sense that their music is wild and outgoing by the positions the band is in. I like how the subheadings and main headline can be distinguished from one another by the text size, styles, and colours used. The rival this magazine will most likely be up against is ‘Kerrang’ or ‘Q’ as these are well known music magazines with noticeable individual and unique features.

No comments:

Post a Comment